Three-card monte is a classic con. The dealer allows the 'mark' to think that he has outwitted the dealer. In this demonstration, Shermer shows exactly when the con is pulled and the psychology of why it's almost impossible to beat.
Sometimes the con will involve shills, people who pose as audience members but are in fact, in on the con. The end to a classic con often comes with the mention of the police being seen, the ultimate threat to any legitimate gambling scheme.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades