Write a secret message with invisible ink using these simple household items.
Step 1: Put lemon juice in bowl
Put the lemon juice in a bowl and dip your cotton swab in the lemon juice.
TIP: Using milk, vinegar, or orange juice instead of lemon juice will have the same effect.
Step 2: Write your message
Write your secret message on the paper with your cotton swab and let the writing dry completely. The message will be invisible when the message dries.
TIP: You can use a paintbrush or a toothpick instead of a cotton swab.
Step 3: Heat the paper
Hold the paper near the light bulb to expose it to the heat, but don't rest the paper on the bulb.
Step 4: Message appears
Watch in amazement as the message magically appears. The words will appear in a tan or brown color.
Did you know? Arizona and California produce 95 percent of the U.S. lemon crop.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades